DAWN can be downloaded using the links below. To install:
- Choose the correct link for your operating system and download the file containing Dawn.
- The installation depends on the platform you are running:
- Linux: extract the zip to where you would like to install Dawn
- Windows installer: run the installer and follow the instructions (recommended when you have admin privileges)
- Windows zipfile: unzip the file, preferably in a folder at the drive root level (e.g. C:\)
- macOS: mount the dmg file and drag Dawn to the Applications folder.
- Once extracted Dawn can be started with the ‘dawn’ executable:
- Linux: dawn.sh
- Windows installer: open the Start menu → All Programs → DAWN
- Windows zipfile: double-click the dawn.exe where it was unzipped
- macOS: use Launchpad, Spotlight, Finder etc to launch Dawn
Older DAWN versions are available here.
Development releases (nightly builds) can be downloaded here.
This version of DAWN is the “full” DAWN workbench, which comes with perspectives and bundles used at Diamond Light Source.
To find the DAWN version you are currently using, go to Help→About DAWN Science→Installation Details
Supported Operating Systems
|Linux||RHEL 8||Known issues, not supported yet|
|RHEL 7||Supported (Diamond)|
|RHEL 6||Not officially supported but should work|
|RHEL 5||Being phased out end 2013. Known issues but still runs.|
|Debian||Not officially supported but should work|
|Others (inc. Ubuntu)||Not officially supported but used as development and testing platforms.|
|Windows 10||Supported (Diamond)|
|Windows 7, 8||Not officially supported but should work|
|Windows XP, Vista||Not supported|
|Other||Not supported (Windows 98/ME/NT known not to work, Vista normally is ok)|
|macOS||12.0||Known issues, not supported yet|
|11.x||Known issues, not supported yet|
|10.8 to 10.15||Tested|